“When I made the decision to transition, I honestly had no idea what it would be like for me to live as female. The only thing I knew for sure was that pretending to be male was slowly killing me.” - Julia Serano
Coming to understand gender as an identity, is a key first step in finding your true self. Therapy is a powerful tool that allows you to be heard. Here you can give voice to unheard fears and tell stories that have not been told.
Therapy can help you find your true self.
I want to share with you my approach to self affirming therapy.
- I believe gender is an issue of core identity, not an issue of psychological pathology.
- You are the only one who can make decisions about your core identity and I will help and guide you through the process.
- I believe the ultimate goal of the therapy is to give you a deeper understanding of yourself - your current relationship to your gender.
- Therapy will help you gain insight and self-knowledge to be able to make informed decision about what 'transition' means to you.
- My goal is to help facilitate a smooth and informative transition for you.
"We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love." – Laverne Cox